Central Arkansas Team Care for the Homeless (CATCH) is a non-profit member organization with a mission to provide a community-based system for empowering the homeless and those at risk of homelessness to access housing and services that meet their needs. CATCH was founded in 1995 and has been active since that time.
Activities of CATCH include the following:
- Provide a forum for coordination of activities among homeless providers, public agencies, private businesses, and other stakeholders to address homelessness-related issues in central Arkansas
- Conduct a regular count of all homeless people in central Arkansas to inform policy-making and local decision-making.
- Conduct educational and outreach activities to raise public awareness of homelessness issues.
- Educate the public on policy issues affecting homeless people and homeless-serving programs.
- Review and prioritize local applications for federal homeless program funds through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Monitor local agencies’ management of HUD homeless program funds to ensure compliance with HUD requirements.
- Participate in planning processes at the local and state level to coordinate activities among homeless programs and between homeless programs and other community activities, e.g. the HUD Consolidated Plan.
CATCH covers a four-county area of central Arkansas: Lonoke County, Pulaski County, Prairie County, and Saline County.